Pages

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Diary of a lockdown


I always fancied myself as a bit of a homebody. I’ve dabbled in vegetable gardening, I’m a book nerd from way back and I’m excellent at staring into space for extended periods.

But as we enter the 34th straight hour in the house, I’m discovering the limits of my homebodiness. This is what I’ve done so far: the work from home thing, the reading a book thing, the watching a movie thing, the washing the car thing and of course the mosaicing thing. I haven’t yet resorted to watching Game of Thrones but that could be imminent.

At 28 hours I was attempting to edit a report with a chorus of ‘Joey… Joey… Joey’ chiming through the window via certain small neighbours of mine. At 29 hours I pretended to nap. At 31 hours I opened the nutella jar. At 32 hours we decided jazzercize was an excellent idea. That lasted twenty minutes and included an interpretive dance section.

Timor Telecom is jammed so we got a message 90 minutes late telling us there was some kind of security incident going on along our street. I have to admit, no sounds of it penetrated my cone of silence. If this keeps up I’ll be blogging about the growth in circumference of the tomatoes in our garden.

And in the latest news, apparently tomorrow is another stay at home day. By this time tomorrow, I may be a human mosaic.

Another day of hilarity at home

No comments:

Post a Comment